Mother Thanks Officers For Saving Her Daughter’s Life After A Freak Bath Time Accident

The quick actions of these New York police officers saved the life of a little girl after she was seriously hurt following an unexpected bathtime accident.

It never ceases to amaze us what children can hurt themselves with, or on, or in. You think you have babyproofed and childproofed your home when suddenly, one of your kids turns up hurt. Some of the time, how they manage to do so is almost impressive. You know, once you get over the initial shock of them being hurt and have ensured they’re okay.

Even though most of the time, kids manage to get hurt when you take their eyes off them, sometimes that isn’t always the case. Carolina Camargo found that out the terrifyingly hard way recently when her glass shower door shattered while she was bathing her two-year-old daughter, Olivia.

RELATED: NEW DRUG CAN DELAY TYPE 1 DIABETES IN HIGH RISK CHILDREN

Carolina and Olivia recently moved to New York City and the mom explained to Cafe Mom that she had been worried about their new home’s shower door. “The glass door had plastic on the end to protect the glass from hitting the wall. But the (plastic) wasn’t really well fixed,” Carolina told the site. Then the worst thing imaginable happened. The door shattered while Olivia was in the bath.

The scary moment left the toddler with a lot of injuries, most notably a cut around 10 cm long down her back. Carolina called 911 and police rushed to the scene. Upon arrival, they used something called Quik Clot to stop Olivia’s bleeding. No, we hadn’t heard of it either. According to CBS New York, Quik Clot is a military-grade treatment used for treating serious wounds.

Had the officers not arrived so promptly and used Quik Clot, this story may have had a much sadder ending. However, as you can see above, Olivia made it to the hospital and after some stitches to close up her cuts, she was doing much better. Carolina also had some injuries which required stitches and is also doing well. It just goes to show that no matter how much we watch our kids, sometimes there is no way to avoid them getting hurt.

NEXT: THE INTERNET IS NOT HAPPY ABOUT WILLIAM AND KATE STOPPING LOUIS FROM SUCKING HIS THUMB