- Disney Channel‘s “Andi Mack” just made history for featuring its first character to say, “I’m gay.”
- The character Cyrus (played by Joshua Rush) has come out to his friends Andi and Buffy on the series, but never explicitly said “I’m gay” until he came out to his friend Jonah.
- The cast of the show was on “Good Morning America” and discussed the importance of Cyrus’ story.
- “Taking on the role of Cyrus has been one of the most fun things I’ve ever done in my life,” Rush said. “Being Jewish, being 14, going to middle school, having this small, close-knit group of friends, and being gay are all just parts of his personality.”
- Watch the “Good Morning America” interview below.
FOLLOW US: INSIDER entertainment is on Facebook